The Graphic Design section of the Communications group (DG-CO) manages the organization's corporate identity. It also offers graphic design services to the CERN community, including:
- Advice on implementation of the charter and corporate image
- Feasibility studies and execution of new projects
- Project planning: establishing the necessary hierarchical approval, the parameters, the target audience, the message and the budget
- Selection of the appropriate brochure, poster, exhibition, logo, souvenir object, etc.
- Creation of the design, putting together different texts, slogans, illustrations, photos, etc.
- Recommendation of external designers, if appropriate
- Correction, validation
- Obtaining quotations and following up the work of external suppliers
Working with the design team on projects
Please take note of the following tips on working with us during projects.
- Texts: documents must be prepared using the latest version of Word; no hand-written texts.
- Photos/illustrations: Photoshop, Tiff, Jpeg, Illustrator. Required resolution 300 DPI. Logo files must be submitted in eps or ai format, and texts must be converted into vector files. Photos inserted in Word documents cannot be used. Please include a link to a file with the best resolution.
- Deadlines: for tasks requiring more than a week's work, please give 4 weeks' notice. For tasks requiring less than a week's work, 2 weeks' notice is needed.
- Work will begin once all the necessary documents have been supplied.
- Please refer to the Design guidelines on this site.
- CERN printshop
- Instructions and contacts for approved external printing companies from DO-27029/IT
- CERN communication strategy 2012-16